Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ghost Ranch


Ghost Ranch, Carson National Forest. June 25, 2007. Erin spent the night at this conference center then took off north through the Carson National Forest. Yoakum lost 2 shoes on the first day out of Ghost Ranch. So far the trails are dirt with little rock and the absence of foot wear does not seem to be bothering him. A farrier has been arranged for the next stop. She sees elk most days and saw her first snow of the trip.
Check out her progress (the red line); almost out of New Mexico.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible; almost to Colorado. How many miles have you gone? Looks like about 400 miles if you flew in a plane. Must be a lot given the route is not straight. Ride on Sister! Ruby.

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Your Dad gave me the link and I have been reviewing the blog. Unbelievable! I just cannot get my head around the incredible achievement you are attempting to make. What you have done already far exceeds any expectations. Keep strong and keep safe.

Bob Rogers
Dallas, Texas

P.S. Give your Dad an Eagle photo. It will make him happy.

Anonymous said...

I met Rhodes & his friend today July 2, 2007 on the top of Wolf Creek Pass in Colorado. He had seen photos of me riding my Arab/Quarter & we visited about your quest. I wish you god speed & good fortune!!!! I Ride Competitve Trail ride (sbout 40 miles in 2 days) for fun camoping at the same site we leave from each night www.natrc.org if you are curious. Have a safe trip I will look forward to reading
your blog.

Shelley & Sienna IN Farmington NM